These 7 good news stories are signs Quebec’s economy is doing well.
- The unemployment rate is at an all-time low (5.8%). To learn more, read this article by CTV News.
- 197,000 Quebecers have found a job since our government came into office. 63% of these are in the private sector and nearly 90% are full-time! Read the press release to learn more.
- There has been a historic drop in the number of Quebecers on welfare: read the article on Radio-Canada’s website (French only).
- The economy (GDP) saw its biggest first-quarter increase in 15 years! The Montreal Gazette is talking about it.
- According to the most recent predictions, the highest salary increases next year will happen in Quebec. Learn more from this Montreal Gazette article.
- For the first time since 1966, Standard & Poor’s has given Quebec a better credit rating than Ontario. Read about it in Global News.
- Canadian entrepreneurs are the most optimistic in Quebec, according to the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB).
We are doing what we said we’d do: straightening out Quebec’s public finances to create the conditions for economic growth.
You can help move Quebec forward too. Join us!